The Technical Specialist – Power Electronics will be responsible for innovating new products and bring new technologies into product architectures. This individual will provide power electronics technical leadership and apply the latest technology to develop industry-leading products. The Technical Specialist will present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in technical and cost proposals and presentations.
In this position, you will:
- Lead conception and advanced development of power electronic products including topology, schematic diagrams, power components, and define PCB layout strategy.
- Perform validation and performance characterization of prototype samples
- Work with quick turn suppliers to execute the bring-up, debug and characterization of prototypes.
- Work with systems, software and mechanical teams to deliver best-in-class performance.
- Collaborate with mechanical, manufacturing, and supply chain teams to bring the product into mass production when required by customers.
- Develop and industrialize the use of new technologies and solutions on power electronics and advance manufacturing.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to engineering team members to support their development.
- Develop product hardware/circuit designs to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Support hardware engineering leads in their design from concept prototype to mass production releases and end of life.
- Attend design review meetings and provide technical feedback to the team.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and make technical presentations of new designs to customers.
Education/Experience and Skills Required:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in electronic circuit design.
- Extensive industry experience designing successful power electronics products from concept through schematic, layout, manufacturing, test and deployment.
- Experience designing power system architectures.
- Expertise in power circuit analysis, such as worst-case circuit analysis, failure method effectivity and criticality, and reliability.
- Expert-level proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium.
- Expert-level proficiency in solving EMC Problems for the automotive industry.
- Expert-level proficiency in PCB layout for power circuits.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation or Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with power integrity simulation tools such as Ansys, ADS or Altair.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Electronic circuit design including simulation and worst-case circuit analysis (WCCA)
- Knowledgeable in electrical and electromechanical materials and components.
- Knowledgeable in circuit and PCB design to meet EMC requirements.
- Knowledgeable in high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up to 1000V) designs.
- Knowledge base of automotive standards.
- Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
- Ability to use measurement and test equipment.
- Experience writing technical test plans and test specifications.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication proficiency, capable decision making and problem solving/analysis.
- Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take initiative with excellent follow-through and require little direction or supervision.
- Must be an effective leader that is capable of motivating and mentoring employees and delegating work.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial