The Systems/Software Validation Engineer is responsible for the validation of automotive power electronic and sensor products. The position serves as a member of the product development team from sourcing through production and is responsible for ensuring that a product is tested to meet customer and internal requirements.
In this position, you will:
- Comply with company guidelines and policies utilizing sound software validation practices.
- Identify nonconformities of product or process standard and offers recommendations for resolving deviations.
- Develop and maintain databases for tracking test results, validation activities, or validated systems (such as Bitbucket).
- Develop, maintain, or review validation and compliance documentation including schematics, protocols, and engineering change notices.
- Prepare validation plus acceptance criteria and evaluate test results to assure software attains requirements and parameters.
- Identify gaps, suggest solutions and lead enhancement to software validation procedures, processes and practices.
- Ensure documents plus practices attain quality standards and applicable regulatory conformance (such as ASPICE).
- Modify testing methods or revisit test objectives and standards to resolve testing problems.
- Calibrate equipment to ensure accurate measurements.
- Head ownership and implement validation plan plus validation methodology.
- Implement software validation engineering test plans, scenarios plus scripts.
- Implement validation activities, common system testing, acceptance testing, stress as well as stability testing.
- Ensure to author and execute high level plus detail test parameters.
- Schedule and execute testing sessions according to timing plans.
- Identify root causes of production problems.
- Evaluate and verify some issues discovered, log probable software defects in defect tracking database (such as JIRA).
- Develop summary reports for entire tests performed and assign as required.
- Report and review software validation test results in structured way with all team members plus suggest on deliverables quality internal or external.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of software validation records.
- Report about product quality to project management as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering required.
- At least 2 years of applied experience in a related position.
- Experience with Vector CANoe and CANalyzer, Intrepid, or similar vehicle bus tools.
- Experience using scripting language to develop automated validation tests.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics with embedded microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of CAN and LIN serial communication protocols.
- Experience developing test software with LabVIEW.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Thorough understanding of industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of applicable mathematics and scientific practices.
- Thorough understanding of related equipment and the ability to perform equipment modifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment for calibration and modification.
- Labview experience strongly preferred.
- ISTQB certification.
- HIL (hardware-in-loop) design, development and maintenance.
- Understanding of embedded C, C#, or C++.
- Knowledge of SPI or I2C serial communication.
- Knowledge and use of MxVDev testing automation tool.
- Knowledge and use of JIRA add-ons (such as R4J, XRAY, …etc).
- Knowledge and use of Bitbucket, DOORS, or similar configuration management system.
- Knowledge of inverter module functions.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial