Our Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer is our technical lead for projects including inverters and High Voltage Power Outlets (HVPOs). This individual will work with the OEM customer to capture requirements and interface with our internal engineering and manufacturing groups to ensure the designed product meets customer requirements.
In this position, you will:
- Work with OEM customer to guide, negotiate and capture customer requirements.
- Analyze customer requirements with Electrical, Hardware, Software and Mechanical Engineering team members. Develop System requirements in R4J/Jira, System architecture, and DFMEA.
- Allocate system requirements to electrical, functional, mechanical and validation disciplines.
- Analyze OEM change requests, coordinate engineering team responses, and release
- Support the development of system validation test plans and develop environmental test plans according to OEM specifications. Perform engineering system-level tests in the lab.
- Develop PCBA-level and Product-level End-Of-Line Production Test Specifications.
- Coordinate internal engineering groups and manufacturing to ensure the integrity of the product and timely release of the necessary engineering deliverables.
- Coordinate with Program Management to ensure that all open technical issues are captured, assigned, and tracked to completions.
- Participate in Warranty return analysis and corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- At least 5 years of automotive experience, with at least 2 years of experience in customer interfacing roles.
- System or application engineering experience for an embedded product that includes electrical, software and mechanical disciplines.
- Prior wiring, terminal, connector, or junction block design experience.
- Understanding of Thermal, NVH, EMC principles.
- Awareness of automotive standards.
- Usage of standard Automotive Tools – DFMEA, 8D, 5-Why, etc.
- Skills in the use of measurement and test equipment.
- Write technical test plans and test specifications.
- Experience with requirements management tools in developing systems requirements.
- Experience or training in ISO 26262 Functional Safety.
- Experience in power electronics, including DC to DC converter and DC to AC inverter development.
- Experience in developing system and environmental test plans.
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols – CAN, LIN, SPI, and I2C.
- Knowledge of ASPICE and the V Model development process.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Communication proficiency, capable decision making, and problem-solving/analysis skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional and cooperative demeanor at all times.
- Reliable, self-directed and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take initiative with excellent follow-through, requiring little direction or supervision.
- Occasional travel may be required (international and domestic).
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial