Casco Products Corporation, a global Tier One Electronics and Electro-mechanical supplier to the automotive industry is currently recruiting an experienced Strategic Sourcing Buyer to support our Operations in Europe and North Africa. The Strategic Sourcing Leader will lead and drive execution of the supplier sourcing strategies in a multi-site matrix environment to drive cost, quality, and delivery improvements including serving as an expert by influencing, leading and driving project implementation of supply chain strategies with key emphasis in the plastic, metals, and electronics commodities.
Main Accountabilities / Tasks:
- Responsible for analyzing the Europe / North Africa plastics, metal, and electronics supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added/ removed from the Strategic Supplier List.
- Organize, facilitate, and manage cross functional teams at the manufacturing site to identify strategic sourcing needs within the plastics, metal and electronics commodities to develop commodity strategies.
- Locate new suppliers to support the Casco Division goals and objectives.
- Ensures supplier performances support the Casco Divisional expectations for the key metrics of quality, delivery and cost.
- Responsible for budgeting and monitoring commodity costs to support Casco Divisional cost reduction budgets.
- Responsible for expertise within the plastics, metal, and electronics commodity to support all Casco sourcing needs. Has a clear understanding of the latest purchasing techniques of quote analysis, should-cost analysis, VA/VE analysis, and market awareness of raw materials.
- Analyzes supplier technical capabilities, manufacturing limitations, and capacity and matches the preferred supplier to meet the required Casco specifications.
- Initiates requests for quotes, performs cost analysis, Supplier Assessments, Supplier Performance, for total cost comparison.
- Negotiates, administer, and maintains supplier contracts and agreements, and communicates as required to the operations and planning functions of the affected division.
- Uses analytical and qualitative methods to analyze market commodities. Analyzes industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues, minimize risk, and exploit emerging opportunities.
- Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to ensure sourcing decisions achieve commodity objectives.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Minimum 8 years of working experience, in the purchasing function / supply chain
- Automotive background of TS16949 Certification requirements, PPAP, controls plans, FMEA’s, and APQP.
- Good knowledge and expertise within the plastics, metal, and electronics commodity
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- High level of senior level negotiating competence
- Can apply principles of financial analysis and capital project justification, life cost analysis, rate of return, economic profit, should-cost analysis.
- In the organization, a team player with good communication skills as well as excellent planning and follow-up skills
- Must feel confident and enjoy an environment based on honesty, openness, and high team spirit.
- A structured and systematically working personality with focus on high quality and with high level of personal capabilities. Gains the respect and confidence of peers
- Strategic focus, what is good for business long term.
- Highly accomplished at facilitated problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, capable of making high level Power-point presentations
- Takes initiative without being asked
- Required travel will be a minimum of 25%