The Sr. Software Design Engineer is responsible for developing by designing, coding and testing real time embedded software for power-controlled system applications for automotive products.
In this position, you will:
- Actively participate in the software development for new and existing products, which include all phases of the V Development Cycle: Requirements (Gathering and Analysis), High Level Architectural Design, Detail Design, Coding, Unit Testing, and Functional Testing (Integration and Integration Testing).
- Accountable for software project milestones from Requirements to Release.
- Provide support for hardware component selection as well as hardware software integration.
- Participate in the existing product improvement.
- Participate in software and hardware reviews.
- Work closely with customers during product development.
- Promote architecture and design re-use.
- Develop the software product by following industry and automotive standards.
- Telecommuting permissible within Oakland County, MI, and Detroit – Warren – Dearborn, MI Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- 40 hours per week
Education/Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field.
- Must have eight (8) years of verifiable work experience involving each of the following:
- Embedded software design and implementation;
- Micro-controllers; and
- Electrical circuits, transducers, sensors, data acquisition, and laboratory equipment.
- Must have three (3) years of verifiable work experience involving each of the following:
- Design and development of Electronic Control Units (ECU);
- CAN communication; and
- CMMI or ASPICE.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial