The Software Design Engineer’s main job responsibilities will cover the entire software development cycle as well as specific software development for automotive products.
In this position, you will:
- Actively participate to the software development cycle for new product to include specification, architecture, design, coding, unit testing, functional testing.
- Develop the software project by following industry and automotive standards.
- Promote architecture and design re-use.
- Recommend the use of third-party software.
- Provide guideline and support for hardware component selection.
- Actively participate to the existing product improvement.
- Actively participate in hardware reviews.
- Accountable for software project milestones.
- Work closely with customer during product development.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3 years minimum experience in embedded software design; minimum experience of working on at least one program launch.
- 3 years minimum automotive experience is a plus.
- Software development tools and languages such as C and Assembly.
- Micro-controllers such as ARM, Microchip, and NXP
- CAN and LIN communication.
- Software configuration tools.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, transducers, sensors, data acquisition, and laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of automotive software development standards, such as CMMI and ASPICE
- Knowledge of DFMEA and control plans.
- Functional safety and ISO-26262
- Knowledge base of IPC and automotive standards
- Automotive Core Tools
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication proficiency, capable decision making, and problem solving/analysis.
- Must maintain a professional and cooperative demeanor.
- Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take initiative with excellent follow-through and require little direction or supervision.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial