The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of the mechanical enclosures for our power electronics inverters and High Voltage Power Outlet (HVPO) products, while maintaining performance and costs targets.
In this position, you will:
- Prepare and update CAD models, mechanical BOMs and drawings.
- Develop detailed mechanical designs meeting performance and cost targets.
- Prepare for and participate in design review meetings.
- Support technical presentations and discussions with customers.
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education/Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years of mechanical design engineering experience in the automotive industry.
- Strong 3D modeling capability and familiarity in 2D creation/modification (CATIA V5 strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of FEA analysis techniques.
- Materials selection knowledge (plastic, steel, and aluminum).
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication proficiency, capable decision making and problem solving/analytical skills.
- Must be reliable, self-directed, and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, takes initiative with excellent follow-through.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply for this job button below.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial