- Knowledge of firmware development tools and languages such as C and Assembly.
- Knowledge of micro-controllers such as ARM, Microchip, PIC and/or FreeScale
- Knowledge of CAN and LIN communication.
- Knowledge of firmware configuration tools.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, transducers, sensors, data acquisition, and laboratory equipment.
- Good troubleshooter, problem solver and hands on skills.
- Knowledge of automotive software development standards, such as CMMI and ASPICE
- Knowledge of DFMEA and control plans.
- Functional safety and ISO-26262
- 5 years minimum experience in firmware design
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Actively participate to the entire firmware development cycle for new product.
- Specification, Architecture, Design, coding, Unit testing, Functional testing.
- Develop the software project by following industry and automotive standards
- Promote architecture and design re-use.
- Recommend the use of software third party.
- Provide guideline and support for hardware component selection.
- Actively participate to the existing product improvement.
- Actively participate in hardware reviews.
- Accountable for software project milestones.
- Work closely with customer during product development.